Scrolling

The perfect home in which to kick off the week

It's suddenly gone quiet - my man left on his bike for work, the girls are at school / nursery. It's just me, my freshly brewed coffee and my super chunky knit Libertine cardigan). It's one of those Monday's when I feel like I'm never going to wake up - think I need this for breakfast?). I'm going to kick off the week in sunny sweden - and a delightful Gothenburg home tour. The show-stopper really is the roaring Kakelugn in the corner of the sitting room, don't you think? - that and the magnificent high ceilings and period features, coupled with soft light grey walls and beautiful light wood flooring. I'm going to revise my earlier text and say - I think I need this for breakfast with a latte, while padding around here. What do you say - could that be a good way to kick off the week?!










Photography: Anders Bergstedt. Entrance.
Such a beautiful space!

I do love my baths - and actually have a wooden tray across mine too - but I love the idea of using a long slab of rustic wood.

The colour scheme is so calm - for a similar light grey paint colour try this one

More serene white and grey homes include this delightful space in Finland,  a graphical Finnish home and a black, white and grey Swedish pad.

This morning I had a little cruise around Pinterest, and found some truly inspiring pictures - here is a round up of some of my favourites: imagine hanging out in this cabin or this cabin for a few days? Got a tiny home? This raised bed solution is super cute and cool and creates oodles more space. And how about sitting and working from this spot today?

Have a great start to the week!

PS Don't forget to enter the give-away to win a Muuto leaf table lamp here

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Just a great and beautiful blog with some elegant pictures of home area. Its really nice. Thanks and keep sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love Gothenburg & the thought that someone gets to live there in this flat...well, it's too much for me!

    Becky :: ACCOOOHTREMENTS LIFE + STYLE BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I am on the same wavelength this morning...I could not get up!!!! I would love those pancakes and a latte too! Beautiful house so elegant! I need cosy lately...a nice fire sure is cosy! Thanks again for gently getting me out of bed today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This home looks cold, and the furniture looks uncomfortable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Scandinavian furniture; it's actually very comfortable - and it's built a lot better than most mass-made furniture these days.

      Delete
    2. I second that anon! Scandinavian designed furniture often centres around being ergonomic, with function just as important as form which makes it very comfortable :)

      Delete
  5. Love it and give me so much inspiration!


    Cheers
    Ria
    http://restylecloset.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO