Scrolling

The modern monochrome Stockholm space

Hello! How are you today?! I have to say, I've really taken to working from home. After 12 years of working in an office, there's a lot to be said for sitting at my laptop in chunky knit socks and messy undone hair! Of course, working from home depends very much on the environment. For example, imagine working from home in this apartment of Swedish photographer Jakob Nylund (previously shown here) over looking the rooftops of Södermalm, Stockholm? Calm, personal, monochrome (love the black floor, how about you?) with industrial and vintage touches, not to mention the roaring log fire. I could feel inspired here, could you?!









Fastighetsmaklarna

The apartment is currently for sale here). Hurry! 

Fab ideas to steal - vintage crate as bedside table, anglepoise style wall lights, string shelving, Eames House Bird,  Eames DSW chair, copper pendant lights. Smeg fridge.

Anything that stands out to you?

More black and white home inspiration include one of favourite apartments of all time owned by a creative duo, this fab Helsinki home starring a very cute baby and the cool home of Annie Lindgren.

There's always this office inspiration for anyone who feels like they need to pep up their work space, or this studio for something bright and fabulous.

It's nearly the weekend - woohoo! Any great plans? This one is particularly exciting as I've teamed up with Nest.co.uk, a fab modern design store, to hold a very exciting weekend give-away. Watch this space!

Have a wonderful day!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. I love the black floor in particular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That black floor is the first thing I saw.. Then the perfect table in living room, and view from window <3

    And yeah, I like to work from home time to time yes, it is nice just to weak up later, just in tshirt and socks, get a coffee and sit in sofa with notebook and fell as comfy as possible ^_^

    Michael
    www.ontheleaf.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. The apartment belongs to Swedish photographer Jakob Nylund, you can see more here: http://blog.formconspiracy.se/?p=6047. Love it!
    Hope you're well Niki! Anna xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahhhh, yes! Thank you Anna, I KNEW I'd seen it before somewhere (I did a post on his home a few years ago). I've been able to update the post now and give credit where credit's due now - perfect and all thanks to you! All great thanks, I hope with you too? :)

      Delete
  4. Awful! No colour and so much horrible white bleaching everything out. And then the black as well? Oh no!! Not something I would be comfortable living with at all. Not my idea of comfort or style at all, sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes please! I could work from here any day of the week. I looooove that black floor!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO