Scrolling

A beautiful German boat house on the baltic

As you may know, I'm a big fan of the ocean. In fact any pool of salty water will do. In the summer I always strive to be on, near (or preferably in) the sea and I love exploring the Swedish islands on both the east or west coast by sail boat. Recently my husband and I have been talking a lot about exploring the German North coast too. And then this home popped into my mail box from the owners. Located in Rugen on the shores of the German Baltic coast, Strandwood House is nestled among boat houses looking out over the harbour. But then there's the inside too - white, grey and minimal allowing the tranquil views over the water do the talking. Forget sailing, I think we'll get the ferry over and rent this space next summer!








Strandwood House

Could you spend a summer holiday here?!

Or perhaps you're lucky enough to live on the Northern German coast yourself? In which case I'd love some tips for next summer! 

For more summer inspiration pour yourself a coffee this lovely sunny morning and scroll through these Scandinavian and international summer cottages. You'll feel like your there! 

Back to my own summer holiday - we're just leaving the beautiful Danish island of Samsoe - what a place?! The island is full of honesty shops where you can leave money for home grown fruit and vegetables, flowers and even bicycle hire. Do you have honesty shops where you live?! We're now heading South to discover other Danish islands.

I hope you have a wonderful Wednesday. See you in a couple of days! 

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Beautiful home--I love the grey and white color palette, mixed with some black and brown. Do you know where those brown leather chairs are from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful environment and a stylish retreat? Yes, please!
    I have never been to the German seaside but I would like to explore it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! I also must confess never been to Samsoe, although it sounds wonderful! Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that L-shaped couch! And the over all look, stunning! Very clean! -Patrick Tan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Amazing pics and I must say that it is one of the best and wonderful design I saw in my life. I also have a home in Berlin, Germany which I got from a real-estate agent but it is not so cool like yours. I am going to redesign it like you. So thank you so much for posting this beautiful content and keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Doesn't get any simplier or prettier than that, also: a boat? This looks like a apartment in centre of Stckhlm, great design.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO