Scrolling

A Scandinavian mid-century themed home

Hello, I hope you had a fantastic weekend?! I'm recovering from my friends beautiful wedding up in the forest in Dalarna, Sweden. I've known the bride since I was 5 and they turned up to the ceremony in a rowing boat -so romantic! I was a mess!! Anyway. It's therefore apt that I go back into the past for today's post. This home is teeming with Scandinavian mid-century teak furniture and design classics. What a wonderful throw back in time, fantastic!



 




Modern Findings via Feel Inspired

Are you a fan of Scandinavian mid-century? I have a few lovely pieces but like to mix and match them in with contemporary pieces too. I do admire this home though - and how fab is that cactus planter?! And there's those lovely cats....

For another twist on mid-century check out this home of a Swedish clothes designer I posted last week. 

PS  For mid-century furniture Lauritz is always a great bet. Try Design Collectors for many of the fab designer items you see in the home (15% off with code MYSCAN). 

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Sounds like a beautiful weekend! I love weddings!♥

    Hugs Camilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Preciosa y con esos toques de cactus que me vuelven loca.
    Besitos.

    | Harmony and design |

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing home and great photography.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing home and great photography.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those dozing kittens are the best part! I'm loving your new profile picture, too! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE the cupboard in the first picture. That's exactly what I want for my living room, too! I was looking for something but now I have a picture in my head. Next step: Finding something like that second hand ...
    //Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is definitely my favorite! Mid century Scandinavian is certainly my style.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dreamy! Especially the little pink nosed kitty snoozing on the sofa! Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  9. the cats sleeping are so cute! This home is insane. Hope you had a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. how romantic is a rowboat wedding entrance? it sounds like a beautiful ceremony.

    i love mid-century design and considering most of it is scandinavian influenced (or originated) this is just perfect in my book.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely a fan of mid century!

    Also, your friend's rowboat entrance sounds amazing. Hope you had a lovely time!

    -VP
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/visualphilosophy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Does anybody know the brand of this modular wall unit (first photo)?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful chairs and pillows!

    Hugs, Maren

    ReplyDelete
  14. Håller helt med! Vilket vackert hem och fantastiska möbler!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much to feature my house! I am so thrilled:)
    The modular wall unit on the first photo is George Nelson's CSS from the 60's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your house is so incredible! Thank you for letting us know what the fab shelving units are :)

      Delete
  16. wow amazing home furnishing accessories.!! I'm very grateful to see your post.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO