A romantic log cabin with a twist

With St.Valentine's day in two days time, let's go romantic! For me there are two things that epitomise romantic. One is small, thoughtful gestures such as a little love note left behind at breakfast, or helping to pull off each others muddy wellies. The other is a romantic get away in a rural rustic retreat complete with wood burning stove and a pair of cross country skis. This is why I love this cottage. Owned and renovated by Tobias Dahl and artist Emma Netterberg, this Swedish log cabin is in Dalarna, a county famous for the handcrafted Dalarna horse. Inside it's a unique blend of modern, folk and oriental and outside it sits high up on the Tällberg slopes with a view over lake Siljan and the Dala forests.










With kind permission from photographer Klas Sjöberg. Lantliv. Via Design Traveller

I love how Tobias and Emma have made the interior completely their own. What an extremely, lovely and romantic place to reside.

What is your idea of romantic?



18 comments:

  1. Great place for holiday! Like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The bathtub with a view is amazing! I wouldn't mind staying in the cabin to unwind for a couple of days...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it's lovely. i must say that picture with the two guitars and a baby ukelele is just adorable! J

    ReplyDelete
  5. That shower room feels so medieval, in a wonderful! What a wonderful cabin. That poured concrete kitchen is simply perfect. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. ooo, that place is a cozy dream!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to cook here ! very nice space...
    Have a nice evening...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. the main room looks so inviting and cozy! take me there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a thing about cottages...and this one is truly amazing. ...and what a setting! Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, so romantic and so beautiful - makes me want to get away !!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the concrete bathroom. It's romantic,indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! I love it. I would love to go there to disapear for a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can't even come up with words to describe how much i want to live here!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Would someone help explain a couple picture details?

    I am curious about the wood burner in the kitchen: is that a single wood fired burner or is just for space heat?

    In the bathroom photo is that a foot washing stool/faucet or something else? I see the tub in the background I just do not understand the foreground.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would say the stool in the bathroom is to sit and wash on since it is right next to a tap in the wall. I am not sure about the wood burner - perhaps someone else can explain it?

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...