Scrolling

A serene white and grey Swedish apartment

An eye-watering start today with a train ride to the IKEA headquarters to view all their new products - always so exciting despite the red-eye train! They're doing great things at the mo (love the SINNERLIG collection and all the fab styling by Pella Hedeby including this DIY project I'm on it!). Since I'm back in Sweden I thought I'd also celebrate by showing a classic Swedish home tour with fresh white walls and light grey floors. The natural fibres such as rattan and wood add warmth to the look. Since the clocks have gone back and the light is starting to fade here in the North, light tones are helping to bounce around what little natural light we have - essential!














Alvhem

Lovely!

I love the fifties style kitchen counter top - the pattern is a design classic known as 'virrvarr' and was designed by a member of the Swedish family - Prince Sigvard Bernadotte. The 'boet' glass storage drawers are also an original from the same era - so fab!

I also spy: string shelves, vase with brass top, cluster light, children's brio oven and trolley. 

Farrow & Ball's  'strong white' is a great very pale grey hue for floors.

Other homes with a fresh white and light grey colour palette include this serene swedish space, a cool Stockholm apartment and this dreamy flat.

Have a lovely day!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. wonderful pictures!!! i love it!!!
    kind regards
    Manu

    ReplyDelete
  2. Talking about colors... I'm going to be painting my home soon and I will most likely be going with white. There are so many whites out there it's overwhelming. Any favorite whites for walls and doors?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Teri - this is a great question, and also a difficult one to answer as it's quite personal (and agreed - who would have thought there could be so many whites out there!) - I recently visited a beautiful home that had been decorated in Pratt & Lambert Silver Lining which I can definitely recommend. Perhaps other people on here might have some suggestions too?

      Delete
    2. Me again, there's a great guide on selecting the right white paint for your home on 'A beautiful mess' today: http://frame.bloglovin.com/?post=4603269998&blog=4526 :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks for directing me to the guide at A Beautiful Mess. Lots to consider. The big lesson is to take my time and consider all the factors influencing the color. Checked out Silver Lining and really like it.

      Delete
  3. Excellent Greg. Good, practical stuff. I just floated your article around my network. Keep up the good work.

    wall to wall carpet supplier in delhi

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO