Scrolling

A delightful Swedish home with dark wood features

Hello Friday, how great to see you! I realised the other day that we've been living in our house in southern sweden for over 8 years! When we first moved in one side of the interior was covered in dark wood walls and all the doors were made from the same material. Bit by bit we painted over the wood and it made a huge difference to the light. Some wood features still remain though and I like the mid-century vibe it brings to the look. This home in Gothenburg, Sweden bears the same subtle wood touches and is complimented by beautiful soft shades of grey, mid-century furniture and touches of brass. Loving the plants throughout too. 














Stadshem. Photo: Jonas Berg. Found via Cocolapine with thanks.

What do you think? Is this your kind of style?

A few items I know and love: Aquarelle canvas wall hangingEktorp sofa with a relaxed linen cover (try Bemz). Hay strap mirror. I love this pair of mid-century brass floor lamps. Hay polygon quilt. Source a similar gold picture frame here.

More inspiration for decorating with wood in the archive here (scroll passed the first one). 

My Scandinavian Home is celebrating four years this week (can you believe it?!). To thank you all for your wonderful support I've organised a present for you. But you'll have to wait until tomorrow to see what it is... oh the suspense!

I'm also holding a give-away all weekend on instagram to win a beautiful elskling key pouch from A.Andreassen Design - a new online store selling scandinavian heritage slippers and key pouches - enter here

In the meantime, here are the five most popular posts of all time on My Scandinavian Home:

Christmas touches in a Finnish home
The Danish home on a hill
The cool home of a Norwegian blogger
A beautiful Dutch stylist's home ready for Christmas
The Stockholm home of a fashion stylist

Oooo, love them all! Do you have a favourite?

I had the pleasure of chatting to the guys over at the online homeware store Houseology this week (remember this 'Scandic Design' post?) you can read the full interview here if you'd like.

See you tomorrow!

PS How long have you been following My Scandinavian Home? And how did you hear about it? Would love to know!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Aivan ihanan näköistä !!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is isn't it? Truly lovely and a nice twist with the wood.

      Delete
  2. I love all these white and light accent.
    I am following you for about a few months, I think I found you on bloglovin, in search of some interior blogs :) Because I love this scandinavian style!

    xx
    ani from ani hearts

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy you found my blog Äni! I'm a big fan of bloglovin' too. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  3. Hi, I clicked on the link to your house (can I just say, I love your house!), and noticed in your post about your girls' room (11 Dec 14) a picture of one of your girls playing with some wooden blocks. Could you please tell me where the blocks are from or what they are called? My son plays with Jenga blocks (which are a game in themselves, but he uses them as building blocks) but there aren't enough of them. Your daughter looked like she has loads!

    Love your blog, as always!

    Thanks, Lise

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lise, thank you! The wooden blocks were passed on to us by a friend and both my girls absolutely love them - they're called 'kapla bricks'. They're really lightweight and great for building - they sometimes build towers right up to the ceiling! You can buy them on Amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/KAPLA-B100-C100-100-Box/dp/B0074VJ7GQ. Hope you find some for your son!

      Delete
  4. This is so beautiful! Loving the floor. But the quilt is "Mega Dot" I guess, from Hay. I have the same one in our bedroom and questroom, warm recommendation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Suvi, thanks for pointing this out. I'll update the post. Love the quilt, lucky you to have it in your bedroom!

      Delete
  5. Hi, i really enjoy your blog i just discovered couples of mounts ago... so happy 4th anniversary and for this blog, the velvet brown chair looks very confortable, we have to same taste and the same look for interior design ... Dany from Montreal, Canada!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi I found your blog from a pinterest link. Love the clean, simple interiors. Do you know where the white shelves are from?
    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi! I love the wooden shelf above the radiator. I really would like to replicate it in my new apartment, do you have other pictures of it on your blog? I would really love to have a better look at it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO