Scrolling

Zoe Dent's exotic yet calm oasis in Avalon

Happy July! This has become one of my favourite months since moving to Scandinavia. When the sunshine comes out, there's no where I'd rather be and today's a ripper (I took this pic in Helsingborg yesterday, can you believe it?!). To celebrate I'm going for a home tour with a tropical vibe. And Zoe Dent of The Wedding Nest has achieved just that. Her light and open plan Australian beachside pad in Avalon, which she shares with partner and new born baby, reflects her love of nature and the seaside. The interior is decorated using a neutral colour palette and the varying textiles and textures add depth.  Wall to ceiling windows and plants bring the outside in to form a wonderful oasis of calm.  Let's take a look...






Photography: Hannah Blackmore (shared with kind permission). Styling: Claudia Stephensen. Adore Magazine.

What a wonderful living area, don't you think? I'm sure it would feel sunny even on the greyest of days.

A few items I know and love: Basket lampshadeBeni Ourani rug, search for tribal ceremonial necklaces on etsy, wishbone and Safari chairs, juju hat (on wall).

Is this your kind of style?

For more boho-exotic inspiration I'm also loving Jade Jagger's Goa retreat and this little piece of paradise in the Philippines

Have a lovely sunny day!

PS I love to see unique online boutiques grow in exciting ways and Blackthumb is doing exactly that. This month the store, which brings a collection of Nordic design home and gardening products to North America, has added items from fab Scandinavian brands Nur Design, By Garmi, Kreavtivitum and Menu to the mix. I've got my eye on the Concrete Copper Chunk candle-holder, Nur tray and Opuntia print. How about you?

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. This is close to where we live, It's beautifully styled and looks very coastal, relaxed and open. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Like the clean white interior in combination wit word and leather!

    Thank You for such a great blog!

    InredningshjÀlpen/Anette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessed with that box frame coffee table!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://loaf.com/products/poste-coffee-table

      Delete
  4. You can find a similar coffee table at: http://loaf.com/products/poste-coffee-table.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this space !! I has great vibes. I want to steal the basket lampshades & juju hats.

    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I adore your blog! Very inspring! Any idea where to buy the dining table? I checked your sponsors but nothing there. Thanks for any help; we've been looking for a long time to decorate our dining room. We find plenty of nice things on line but nowhere to buy them! Love from Belgium, Kaat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful picture and setup!

    can you please help us to find those upholstered armrests chairs?

    I searched for 2h without result :)

    Cheers,
    Philipp

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO