Scrolling

A lovely light-filled Dutch family houseboat

Yaaaay, it's the weekend (almost)! The sun's shining and I can see the sea sparkling in the distance (definitely heading off for a swim shortly!)....but first today's tour. Could you imagine anything more wonderful than living on a house boat at this time of year? Brought up in a sailing family, I was practically born on a boat and this would be my dream come true, but it does conjure up images of a rather dark, cramped living space. Not in this Dutch house boat captured by Binti Home though. Located a mere 10 minutes from the centre of Amsterdam, Annelie (co-owner of Bynorr.nl), Hans and baby Scott's home is flooded with natural light. The self-designed open-plan space is uncluttered with fresh white walls and pretty pastel accessories.  The only real hint that it's afloat is from the water seen from the living room window. Such a lovely family home, don't you think?














Homeowner: ByNorr.nl. Binti Home (shared with kind permission). Featured in Flair Magazine.

Apart from the fresh colours, patterns and light wood I think my favourite thing about this home is the mix-match coffee tables in the living room. How about you?

I love the cute children's room too. For similar inspiration it's well worth popping over to fellow Malmö blogger Paul et Paula. My favourite online children shops right now are The Youngsters (owned by my talented interior designer friend Genevieve who also lives in Malmö and who I recently collaborated with on my little girls bedroom) and British/Swedish brand Indikidual (Syreeta used to live here too!) - so lucky to be surrounded by such talented people!

There are a load more pictures of this lovely home plus a full write-up over at Binti Home and Flair Magazine (in Dutch). 

For more inspiration from Holland this weekend (after all, the Dutch do have such a great sense of style don't they?) there's an entire archive here (scroll through the first one as it's most likely this home). 

Have a wonderful couple of days and for those of you in America...long weekend!

PS if you fancy a dip this afternoon but have no where to go - you can always imagine yourself relaxing in one of these beautiful swimming pools. Love!  

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. I love the collection of tables as a coffee table - does anyone know where they're from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! The ones with wooden tops are from the Dutch brand Zuiver, the mint green one is from PresentTime and the light grey one is from Søstrene Grene. Nice to hear you love our mix of tables!

      Delete
  2. A stunning interior, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hard to believe this is a boat? I could live there. I would love to live on a boat, but you are right I think of them as dark and small, not this one!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s right i really appreciate this article because it content full of information.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would definitely move in that house. I love it! It gives you a taste of endless summer (which is exactly what I need now)… Maybe the only thing I would add is a splash of color right in the middle of the living room. I cannot think of anything more suitable than a lovely rug like these ones: http://feltballrug.com/inspiration. Plus, they are hand-made by lady artisans from Nepal for which this job means the possibility of taking care of their family. :) I really like their aim!

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lovely! do you maybe know where can I find the fox print?
    thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! It's by Silke Bonde (in Copenhagen), you can buy her prints / posters online. I have one of her cute Foxes on my wall!

      Delete
    2. Yes! It's by Silke Bonde (in Copenhagen), you can buy her prints / posters online. I have one of her cute Foxes on my wall!

      Delete
    3. Yes! It's by Silke Bonde (in Copenhagen), you can buy her prints / posters online. I have one of her cute Foxes on my wall!

      Delete
  7. Amazing place! Any one know where the sofa's from?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO