Scrolling

A lovely home and studio in Sweden's oldest town

I love how there are places which hold special memories, don't you? Sweden's oldest town of Sigtuna, just outside Stockholm is one of those for me. Not only did I visit one of my best friends there when I was around 16 (skinny dipping in the lake at midnight was just one of the many antics), and her wonderful parents still live there but many of my friends grew up in the town too. I was therefore so excited to come across this lovely Sigtuna home and studio. I don't know the owners....it belongs to Rigette Klint, Brand Manager at beautiful online store Edblad and her family, but I immediately felt nostalgic seeing the exterior, and was delighted to see the inside was rather lovely too! Let's take a tour...















Photographer: Anna Kern - shared with kind permission. Elle Decoration.  Post inspired by House of C with thanks. 

Such a lovely home. don't you think? I love that Rigette's style is so instinctive and doesn't following any particular track.

I'm in love with the rattan chair in the sitting room. You can pick the same one up here (in case you're wondering (I was, until last week!).

We're seeing that lovely blue of the table everywhere right now including on the walls of the home of a Swedish food blogger, and in this Danish apartment. So pretty!

If you're interested, you can read the full article and find out where many of the items in this home are from over at Elle Decoration. 

More fab Swedish homes from the Stockholm area include this idyllic cottage in the archipelago , an uber cool cabin with a boho touch and a calm white and grey apartment. I really love Stockholm and the surrounding archipelagos, living in the South it still remains a mystery to me but I'd to love to discover more (preferably by sail boat). How about you?

Have a lovely day!

PS is there a place which holds special memories for you? I'm intrigued to hear... 

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Its Awesome post and nice one collection i enjoying your post ..

    Opus-designbuild

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great house. I love those chairs near the big windows particularly

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO