Scrolling

A small space in Gothenburg in neutrals

Let's visit the Swedish west coast today and this charming space-efficient small apartment in Gothenburg. The home has many of the lovely original 1920's features including wooden floor, serving cabinets and pantry. But I also like the way it's been decorated using neutrals, dusty shades of blue and touches of wood and rattan for a warm feel. I'm a big fan of Gothenburg since it's the gateway to one of my favourite places on earth: the stunning west coast archipelago with its dozens of islands and pretty fishing villages. We love to explore it by sail boat in the summer. But in the winter, I could definitely pad around here, how about you?!







Stadshem

Is there anything that stands out to you about this apartment?

I'm a big fan of the brass pendant over the dining table (this one is similar). Rattan is trending right now too- are you a fan? I've got a peacock chair in my bedroom which I love (they're often coming up on Etsy), do you have anything rattan in your home?

More beautiful small space inspiration can be found here. It's amazing what you can do with a little imagination.

Have a lovely day!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. It is not easy to make a small flat light and comfortable. Well done!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish this was my work, but it is in fact the work of Stadshem, a wonderful estate agent in Gothenburg. They've done a great job!

      Delete
  2. In todays appartment I love those pictures on the wall. Very nice :) But like always: The rest is just unbelievably beautiful as well :)
    www.color-castles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pictures really add character don't they? I love them too.

      Delete
  3. Wow! Bei dir würde ich gerne einziehen!!!
    Total toll
    Liebe Grüße
    Melly
    http://goldstueckchenhoch2.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the blue and grey combination throughout the house. And you are right, that pendant is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous home! The light is incredible!
    Kari
    www.sweetteasweetie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. omg this place is so beautiful!!

    https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post n beautifull place and design. Goodluck

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that couch, do you have an idea of where it's from ?

    this one looks similar: http://www.boconcept.com/de-de/furniture/living/2-seater-sofas/15736/osaka-sofa--getuftete-sitzfläche

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO