Scrolling

Monochrome and nude scheme in a lovely Scottish home

I hope you had a great weekend? Or still enjoying your long weekend if you're in the US - not jealous at all...honest!). Today I thought I'd take you on a tour of Deborah's lovely house in Glasgow, Scotland. Deborah's an interior designer and visual merchandiser / stylist (which explains why her home is so lovely) and editor behind fab blog Ollie & Seb's Haus .  She shares her home with her husband and two little boys Oliver and Sebastien (I once showed their bedroom here). If you love monochrome with a soft palette of nudes and creams, you're in for a real treat. And even if you don't, there are plenty of ideas to steal anyway! Here are some of my favourite snapshots of her home...



 








Photography: Ollie & Seb's Haus 

What do you think? Anything that catches your eye?

I spy some of my favourite pieces: Kristina Dam Palm 1 print, Design House Stockholm work lamp, Thonet 209 chair, Diamond cage light, Faux Poster Collection - A, Grey throw, linen bedding and Mathilda Clahr leather strap.

I went to the University of Edinburgh so it's been a pleasure going on a virtual tour back to Scotland today! I remember our student pad was painted in vivid colours such as deep reds, blues and yellow, with each room a different hue. Very different from today's home tour -  but beautiful its own way.

More black and white spaces here, here and here. Or if you prefer a space in a riot of colours how about this bright home of an artist?

Have a lovely day!

PS Thank you for entering the Nest.co.uk give-away over the weekend. The competition closed at midnight and the winner will be announced on the give-away post and sent an e-mail later today. 

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Fireplace.
    Details with marble print.
    And that black color in bedroom definitely changed my mind about that color in interiors! It looks amazing.
    Thank you for such a nice inspiration for Monday =)
    Michael
    www.ontheleaf.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the entire place, I am a big fan of white interiors, so this space really speaks to me. I like the bedroom with the dark accent wall, it adds a cozy touch. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a huge fan of the lighting with a long cable. I wish I could have that in my home but I fear my son might think he can swing from it! The grey wall in the bedroom is stunning. I'm about to use that shade for one of my dining room walls. This is definitely one of my favourite homes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely to see a Scottish house and exciting to hear that you are a former resident of Edinburgh - I wonder where your student flat was, the meadows???

    This house is very beautiful, I love the marble and black fireplace. I have a marble surround on mine and I am not keen on it at all, this has made me thing of how to improve how it looks. Is it bad form to paint the original 1930's fire surround black???

    Best wishes from Edinburgh on a cold and frosty but stunning day, katie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I lived in New Town. Many of my friends lived in Meadows. I love Edinburgh, it's beautiful! I'm afraid I don't know.about painting the fireplace, perhaps someone else on here can advise. Thank you for taking the time to comment! Snowy regards from Southern Sweden! /Niki

      Delete
  5. ...would love to have seen full-room snapshots. These are composed vignettes. I don't feel like I've got any appreciation of this residence from the photos you gave us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The good news is that Deborah frequently posts photos of her home over at Ollie & Seb's Haus (link in post). I can definitely recommend stopping by her blog and clicking on 'my home' for tonnes more pictures. I hope you'll get the Inspiration you're looking for.

      Delete
  6. Just the way I love it! great styling and love the black and white ♡

    kind regards,

    Stephanie
    http://interieur-coosje.blogspot.nl/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it all. Some of the things I simply adore, for example geometric table lamp, strawberry in the pot, magazine holder. Thank you for such a nice post :)

    Veronika
    http://livingbypanicca.blogspot.sk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO