Scrolling

A relaxed and eclectic Stockholm space

'A pop of colour here and a vintage vibe there' is the best way to describe this very cool and relaxed apartment in Stockholm captured by Fantastic Frank. I like the casual way the books have been stacked on the kitchen floor, the striking yellow Mhy light, the decadent velvet armchair and the picture gallery wall. All in all, this space is just what I need on a Thursday - somewhere eclectic to kick-back and relax in style. Could you pad around here for the day?






Stylist: Mimmi Staaf, photographer: Emily Laye  Fantastic Frank

I note that stylist Mimmi has added two hot trends in interiors right now  - an oil portrait. They're relatively difficult to find but I love the ones sold by Three Potato Four and also the cool animal portraits by Oldi (I have the Lurcher one which has become a family favourite!). And antique chairs in velvet - how decadent to place a grand armchair in the kitchen - love it! (check out LiveAuctioneers or Lauritz for similar).

Seeing the stacked books has made me reflect on my own sitting room. I love books and feel the space looks disturbingly void of reading material, don't you? This Christmas I'll be pouring over my Pinterest storage board for ideas. One possibility is String shelves (I love the latest inspirational images they've released) and think they'll fit perfectly with my mid-century style. What do you think?

Lastly - today is a big day for me, it's the last day at my corporate job after 14 years in the industry! As of 1st Jaunary I'll be focusing full time on this blog - it's grown so much thanks to you all that I feel it's time to give it the attention it so deserves. Scary and exciting in equal measure! Here's to new and exciting adventures! And thank you all for your wonderful, ongoing encouragement and support.

Have a great day!

PS If it was Christmas decorating ideas you were after you can always check out my Christmas archive with a lorry load of decorating tips, DIY ideas and lovely scandinavian festive home tours. Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Haha, that carpet in living room is soooo funny =D, that's cool!

    I wish you a nice day,
    Michael
    www.ontheleaf.net / facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this yellow lamp two weeks ago on http://www.interior-deluxe.com, I simply love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the success of the blog leading to a full-time job. You are my first read every morning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Exciting times, wishing you luck in your future ventures! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this informative post and keep it up!
    Ceramic tiles suppliers india

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your blog! Congratulations on the new changes in your life. I hope you will enjoy blogging full time :)

    http://happywifeandhappyhome.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO