Scrolling

The bright and happy home of a Dutch blogger

I love a unique home. One where you can immediately tell something about the owner when you walk in (or see the home tour in a post!).  That's why I love the home of Dutch blogger Marlous Snijder (also founder of Oh Marie! magazine),  shot by Holly Marder for her 'Homes with Heart' column on Decor8. This home certainly has heart, and bags of it. I love the pops of colour, the quirky touches, and the slightly bohemian feel. I could hang out here all day drinking tea. How about you?! 










Home Marlous Snijder. Photography: Holly Marder. Decor8


How cute is the 'This morning, with her, having coffee, Johnny Cash' art?! One to get custom made through Geek Chic Prints?!

I think what I love most about this home are the bright bursts of yellow, such a cheerful colour to add to a home don't you think? One day I'll be brave enough to add a pop of yellow to my own home and when I do I'll also be taking my inspiration from this and this home. 

A SMEG fridge always goes down well too...!

Is there anything you love in particular about this home? 

More wonderful Dutch homes here, here and here (in case you missed them!). 

Have a lovely day!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Oh my gosh, that Johnny Cash quote! What a lovely idea to have it displayed in your home, I'm definitely going to borrow that!

    Tessa / Bramble & Thorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delightful and an inspiration, to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Dutch homes and their splashes of color. I particularly love the pink plant pot, the wallpaper and the typewriter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO lovely and refreshing! Love the kitsch pictures

    http://blommabloglondon.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome! Where did you get this board for the quote? Love to make this on my own! Thanks for info!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure where it's from unfortunately, perhaps someone else on here knows?

      Delete
  6. Cute! Perhaps a bit too much colour and quirky stuff for my taste, but it's well done, with and eye for the right details

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the reclaimed wood wall paper -brilliant idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a cheery, colorful home! I'm in love with all the painted furniture and fun little details.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great! As always here! Let's meet up soon? Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hooray for Smeg fridges! I'd kill for one! :) I love the pops of color. I tend toward more neutrals, but this is so lovely and cheerful. Hard to find fault with that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi

    You are very selective to do things - Right! I fell you are doing any job in decoration firm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome pics.Decorating a new home is just an art. We have a lot of ideas about how to arrange each and every portion and which all colors are suitable. And equal importance must be given to design the floor. There are many types of floors with a variety of designs. It’s a little bit difficult to choose the right floor option. I think decorative concrete floors are the most ideal for any home. Because the only maintenance required is a weekly mopping with soapy water. I have the same type of flooring in my house and I have no issues till now.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Adorable interior. Even though i am not much of a color person, some combos are very inspiring!
    It is featured here > http://citronmarbre.wordpress.com/2014/11/14/ta-chanson-preferee/
    Bisous!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO