Scrolling

Shades of grey in a small living space

Good morning, and happy Monday!! I hope you had a great weekend? It's finally stopped raining here (it's been raining for a week). Guh! It's still grey though so I thought, why not embrace it? After all, there's something kind of cosy about bringing the grey interiors, don't you think? This Swedish space has been decorated using shades of grey and a touch of black and white. It's actually quite incredible as it's only 38 metres square in total. The use of the space is so impressive. I often get questions asking where the storage is in the homes I show. Not here, look at that wardrobe! I also love the use of windows to divide up the different living areas. Great inspiration for anyone that's tight on space!










Skandia Mäklarna via Trendenser and Anna Gillar
A few items I know and love. Flos 265 wall light, HAY tray table, chunky moss knit blanket, sheepskin throw, Eames side chair. Dark grey bedding, black Muuto dot coat hooks.

Small space take-aways from this apartment: The same task light can be used for the sitting area and the dining area since it can be easily be swung round. The dining table is extendable for when they have guests. The coffee tables can also be used as side tables. Closed cupboard doors means the space looks less cluttered. The use of windows instead of doors to divide rooms means that light still filters through. a curtain in the bedroom can be drawn across for privacy / hide an unmade bed! The same colour theme throughout (greys and brass) give the space coherence, Anything else you notice?

What do you think of grey?

Have a lovely day!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Love this place...Beautiful with the grey base and the black kitchen. Anybody knows where the kitchen and cupboards are from? Kvänum ocr Kvik perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh!! Such a nice a and cozy place..I think I fall in love with grey walls <3
    And funny, the last photo, we have that stool as nightstand too =D.
    Have a great Monday,
    Michael
    www.ontheleaf.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. The solutions in this apartment are really smart and proves that you don't have to use "white and light" to make a space appear larger. You don't even have to go "open plan". I love the bedroom and kitchen solution. Everyone wants a bedroom with privacy, and in small apartments that can be hard to achieve. Here they have even managed to create the privacy with walls...usually it is the other way around - "knock down walls to create a feeling of space". The wall however, have that gorgeus window allowing light to flood to the kitchen. A great apartment! No wonder it has been circulating the blogosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really loves this space! It is indeed small but so pretty and they were very smart about it. Love the window dividers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anybody knows the name of the black lamp on picture 2,3 and 7? Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous apartment. Colors, layout, everything is stylish and smart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how just by going from white to grey, all the colored elements in the home become that much more saturated and rich.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it too. Whoever designed the layout sure has talent. I would still paint the walls white though but that is just me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE the grey!! and love that rug too! thanks for sharing xx leanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love the framed map of London (but I'd like NY instead)! I've been looking for it and can't find it. Can you help me locate it? Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a lovely space! I love grey in different shades, thought long about painting some walls in my home also gray, but couldn't let go the bright and light white walls yet... :) But seeing an interior like this can easily change my mind.
    Have a good week, Niki! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just love the simplicity of the interiors! Very inspirational! Thank you! Nataliya

    ReplyDelete
  13. Would you mind telling who is the maker of the sofa? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I absolutely adore grey and this small apartment is just gorgeous! That kitchen is beautiful with the black cupboards and that window frames it perfectly. And I love the chandelier that you can see through the window. So many ideas going through my head right now... Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love what they've done with this space! After living in Hong Kong I realized quickly how precious space can be. I really enjoy how they've found a way to allow so much natural light into the kitchen with the windows. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I just love the Flos 265 wall light! Was thinking to installing it in our kitchen and wished we had. Next time...

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm currently looking for a black kitchen sink & tap. Can you tell me where these are from? Really like them

    ReplyDelete
  18. Espectacular!!! Amazing, I love this place!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Is the closet Ikea? Do you know who the designer is?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love this grey! What is the wall colour called please?

    ReplyDelete
  21. where is the carpet from?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO