Scrolling

A tranquil holiday home in Corsica

If like me, your idea of the perfect summer holiday is to head to a retreat with your family and get away from it all you'll love this holiday home set in the rocks of Corsica. Designed and built by Carol, Director of Communication at Zadig et Voltaire and Fred, her photographer husband and enjoyed by their children, the tranquil summer house is built over three storeys, each enjoying sea views. The family love to visit from California and spend their summer's relaxing in the tranquil garden by the pool and circumnavigating the island by boat. And who wouldn't? It's simply stunning!











Photography: Karel Balas. Stylist: Isis-Columbe Combréas. MILK Décoration with kind permission

The pool looks divine, doesn't it?!

Last week I stayed at Le Chateau De Saint-Privat-Des-Pres in France for my sister's wedding. It was so beautiful I didn't want to leave. The most interesting thing about the Chateau was that it had an 'eco lake' instead of a traditional swimming pool. It was my first encounter with an eco pool (or 'natural swimming pool') and I was slightly sceptical at first......however, after a few days swimming in the relatively clear, cool waters I became quite accustomed to the odd frog leaping in beside me and pond skates sharing the water. As a result if I were to ever have a home with a pool (hey, it's Friday, a girl's allowed to dream), I would definitely choose an eco pool. Have you ever encountered one?

Other island retreats I love include this one on Mykonos and for stunning garden oasis with a pool, I have always taken inspiration from this space in Montreal

Have a wonderful weekend and see you Monday!

PS Since I am still on holiday, I will continue to post every other day for the next two weeks, thank you for your patience! 

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Wow, that's really amazing! Love the lots of wood, the styling, the colours... Thanks for inspiration! Greetings from Bavaria! Tanja

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful holiday home, wow. I holidayed in Corsica last year and it is absolutely stunning! X

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the feel of the photos, they have a certain vintage look!
    Bonnes vacances!

    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ou, your blog is my Friday discover.
    Relaxing post with tropical feeling.
    Greetings, Baiba

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like outdoor, the view is great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Inspiring indeed! Would love to chill out by a beach resort real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, a wedding in France, that must have been something special! Lucky you (and your sister!) I've never encountered a natural pool before but really like the idea of it and an idea I will save for future consideration. Wishing you a nice vacation /Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh look how stunning that place is! I would love to bring my family in that place for sure! The designs are amazing! -Patrick Tan

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG - these images transport one to a place of abundant tranquility. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a very nice house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The outdoor space and the views alone, gorgeous. ps- Congratulations on the Domino award!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO