Scrolling

A cool black and white Swedish apartment

After all the colours this week it's time for something a little more neutral don't you think?! So it's back to basics today with a black and white one room Gothenburg apartment. Despite the size the owner has created distinct living areas and used one colour sceme through out which makes the space appear larger than it is. I immediately noticed the textured wall (love) and also how well the TV fits into the room. I usually avoid showing TV's as they're not cool, but this one has such a natural fit to the room...







Stadshem via La Maison D'Anna G
I'm also loving the art photography. The poster above the bed is from Moderna Museet but sadly they don't have a web shop. For other art photography try Eye Poetry for cool city scapes and The Print Atelier for prints by a whole host of photographers.

More fab monochrome home inspiration here, here and here. Oh and even children's room's in black and white here and here.

What's your take on black and white? Do you like this apartment?

We're heading back to Sweden this afternoon, thank you London for a wonderful week! I wish I had more time as I didn't even make it around my favourite design shops. HUMPH. Great excuse to come back though.....

Have a lovely day!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. They do have a webshop.
    English http://webshop.modernamuseet.se/en/
    And Swedish http://webshop.modernamuseet.se/sv/
    I once wanted to order a few items, but when I saw the shipping fee to Germany, it just killed me.
    The posters and so on are truly great. Sigh.
    - Constance -

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah perfect, thank you for letting us all know....:)

      Delete
  2. I think I prefer a little more color, either with wood or the pastels. This just looks cold to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love love love that wall clock - anybody know where I could get one in Canada?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a treat to visit all these beautiful Scandi homes via your lovely blog Niki, it definitely cures my homesickness while living away from Sweden! iida (S-L friend)

    ReplyDelete
  5. that TV does look good doesn't it. it's the one thing I hate in my living room. Also, the monochrome kids rooms are gorgeous. I wish my daughter would stop putting up One Direction posters all over hers........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know that feeling! If 1D are going to make posters they could at least make them look cool, in a mid-century Scandinavian kind of way?!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO