Scrolling

A Swedish cottage with a beautiful mix

It's Friday! Woohoo! To celebrate here's a truly inspiring cottage in Höganäs here in Skåne. I would love a home like this - it's got the perfect mix of orginal wood beams, whitewashed brick walls, industrial style lamps and furniture and a touch of shabby chic. The white floors on the upper level are the icing on the cake for me!













Hemnet via 79 ideas
What do you think?

If you're ever in Southern Sweden, Höganäs in well worth a stop thanks to it's fantastic design shops - Lily & Oscar and Magasin 36 (which also does the best brunch ever!).

Have a wonderful weekend!

PS If you understand German and fancy a little read about design bloggers and their homes check out this article.....they've included my portrait picture and a few snaps of my home in the gallery too!!

LATEST COMMENTS:

  1. Talk about jaw-dropping! Beams and Tolix chairs are my weakness and here they are all under one roof! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the contrast and harmony between the old-fashioned and modern elements there. Absolutely stunning. Before I read your text I just saw the timber framing and knew immediately it must be Skåne! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful home- open spaces, distressed beams, loving it! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those rustic beams are wonderful. Also love that little hint of magnolias on the wall paper...which surprises me as I don't generally go for wallpaper! Perhaps it is the contrast of the feminine wallpaper and the sort of industrial masculine light fittings of the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Despite the distressed textures of the walls and wood, the white remains a beautiful backdrop to the carefully selected furniture pieces. That brown velvet sofa offers just the right contrast in the space. And that mirror on the first floor with the peeling white paint left us swooning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing cottage. I really like photos 3 and 4 with the wood beams and floors against the white walls and ceiling. The industrial looking lights and chairs in the kitchen are pretty cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very unique cottage! Love the smart storage and display of clothes. Caroline

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't get enough of the fantastic pendants - amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's lovely and bright!
    Nice!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Though i personally don't like complete white theme for home decor, this blog has changed my mind set. Infrastructure is so unique.

    Ceiling lights

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post is truly inspiring. I like your post and everything you share with us is current and very informative, I want to bookmark the page so I can return here from you that you have done a fantastic job ... office furniture ft lauderdale

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Privacy Notice: We do not share personal information with third-parties nor do we store information we collect about your visit to this blog for use other than to analyze content performance through the use of cookies, which you can turn off at anytime by modifying your Internet browser's settings. We are not responsible for the republishing of the content found on this blog on other Web sites or media without our permission. This privacy policy is subject to change without notice.

Subscribe To My Scandinavian Home

Subscribe to My Scandinavian Home

skovby ad


 

site by ANAAR

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website.
MORE INFO