A light and airy Australian beach house

Monday, 23 April 2012

Hej hoo! Here in Sweden it's only 8 weeks until midsummer (crazy, it's still only 10 degrees outside- BRR!). In the summer in Sweden many people head off to their summer cottages by the water to make the most of the near 24 hours daylight and warm(er) weather! So to hot things up a little and get in the mood I thought I would take some inspiration from a renovated fishermen's cottage in Australia which has become a fabulous beach home with a Scandinavian touch; clean lines, open spaces and lots of white and natural materials. Beautiful!



Pretty and simple idea alert; I love this white top against  a blackboard wall, here it's in a children's room, but I could also imagine doing this somewhere else in the home too.






Homelife via Planete Deco
If you feel like seeing a few more pics of this lovely home pop over to Plenete Deco. I love the garden too.  Dreeeeaming of the summer now what about you?! Happy Monday!

8 comments:

  1. Been dreaming of the summer for a few weeks now, wet and cold in London today 9 degrees, every since they introduced the hose pipe ban it has rained pretty much everyday!
    Of course love this house and the garden too.
    Hope you are having a good Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard that! And I bet they haven't even lifted the hose-pipe ban (not that they would need to by the sound of it!)? Let's hope England gets all the rain out of the way now before the summer - otherwise my 'Glamping' trip is going to be disastrous!

      Delete
  2. I know exactly what you feel ... I live in Estonia and we have something like 10 degrees and rain outside... Luckily the weekend was sunny and warmer than +15 and I was able to work in the garden with only a T-shirt on. This was incredibly good feeling! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can just imagine! I'm waiting for that moment Anu! :)

      Delete
  3. A beach house in Australia..yes please. I love the sleek shutters.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am always a sucker for white. and built in shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now this is my kind of fisherman's cottage! I really love the variety of texture against the white background. P.S it's about 8 degrees here in London today so I know how you feel!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I like this. We are moving into our new summer house this weekend, and our girls will get a room with a bunk bed just like that..
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...